October 29, 2020

What is LOVE

 My whole life I have been on the pursuit to find love. Saturated in the idea of what it can be, I got ideas from movies, books and my current relationships. I never thought that I would question what love is. Life takes you through ups and downs and you realize that the painted pictures on Hollywood screens are far from the real thing. I wish it was not complicated, but simple, normal. But it has been made into a ritual, into selfish ambition and that its all about yourself. 

On the contrary love is about sacrifice. Love is putting another ahead of yourself. Giving the best of what you have to the person you love. Or even giving up the most precious thing for the better good.

Its quite funny how this one thing, unseen, makes the whole world spin. Love is what keeps us going. Love is what changes us. Love breaks all our strongholds. The thought of knowing that someone loves you, inspires and encourages. It pushes you forward, to better achieve. 

We are quite mistaken if we think that love is romance, sex or broad term: lust. We have been lied to and frankly I believed the lie. I believed that love was passion and sexual desire. Far from that, love is no such thing. I blame Hollywood for concocting these ideas and happily ever after and ruining my understanding of love. I want to bring this to light.

The perfect definition of love goes like this: Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. 

1 Corinthians 13 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...