May 06, 2017

An afternoon excursion to the Art Museum

I have long dreamed of visiting the art museum. I was there for a field trip when I was a child. Would my experience be the same when I was there such a long time ago? The awe of seeing a Monet in real life and looking over to my teacher as she said "Don't get too close or the alarms will go off!" I don't know if she was joking or in reality as soon as you would lean just a few inches from the precious paints that a wretched sound would go off and a team of highly specialized protective services would show up and attend to the problem. But that was my imagination just getting carried away.
I am not an art fanatic but I love to see European paintings. The faces of people from time past. Just the idea these people were alive and breathing! Just like you and me. Here is some of them, admire them with me.

These are from the Seattle Art Museum and Portland Art Museum.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...